2 PORT RS-232 SERIAL DATA LINE SPLITTER
The LAVA DataTap-IP is a general purpose serial data line splitter with the added power of full data filtering. The device taps into any serial data stream to split and send serial data two ways: over IP, and additionally to a remote server, client, or COM port.
Featuring dual RS-232 serial ports, easy web browser configuration, and transparent pass-through operations, bi-directional communications from remote users can be established to any serial device directly connected to the Datatap-IP’s Input or Output ports. Since these serial ports are enumerated as local COM ports by LAVA Device Manager, the remote user can open these COM ports locally to communicate to their serial devices out in the field.
LAVA DataTap-IP supports diagnostics of serial devices such as PLCs, ECRs (Electronic Cash Registers), and other RS-232 equipment by providing a bi-directional ‘pass-through’ data route between any two serial devices.
The LAVA DataTap-IP has applications in Security, Point of Sale and Engineering.
Configuration client: Web browser interface
Sales Contact: Orest Haluszka or Bob Figol
Have a Question? Call: 1-800-241-5282 (US & Canada) or 1-416-674-5942
- Dual RS-232 DB-9 serial ports supporting up to 115.2 kbps throughput per port and one Ethernet port
- One RJ-45 Ethernet port
- Serial Input port receives serial data from RS-232 peripheral
- Serial Output port sends serial data to RS-232 serial peripheral such as a printer
- Ethernet Output sends serial data to remote 10 Base-T Ethernet interface (RJ-45)
- Raw Client or Raw server operation
- User-configurable control signal passing
- Control line status monitoring
- IP address user configurable or DHCP configured
- Password protection
- Support for: IP, HTTP, TCP, UDP
- Power supply included (North America, EU, UK)
- DB-9 serial port pin-outs: RS-232C
- RJ-45 Ethernet: 10 Base-T
- Power input: 9-29 VDC
- Configuration interface: HTTP, web browser
- Diagnostic LEDs: Serial TX & RX, network link, network activity, power
- Weight: 221 g
- Dimensions: 12.7cm x 10.16cm x 3.81cm
- Two DB-9 serial ports, male
- One RJ-45 Ethernet port, female