Parallel-PCI (PCI 1 port EPP)
One Port Parallel PCI card (Enhanced Parallel Port) The LAVA Parallel-PCI, when it came to market, was the first parallel PCI port card in the world. Fully PCI compliant, it takes advantage of the speed and easy configuration of the PCI bus. When it appeared, it almost tripled the speed benchmarks of ISA-bus parallel port cards, while offering greater flexibility for configuration. Users were no longer restricted to the three standard parallel port addresses: the Parallel-PCI would automatically select a free address and IRQ during installation, virtually eliminating user error and resource conflicts.
The Parallel PCI’s strength lies in its Moko ASIC (application-specific integrated circuit). This chip consolidates a number of separate components into one chip, and is only available on LAVA products. Adding efficiency in manufacture, this card virtually eliminates any possibility of component failure.
1 PCI slot
1 25-pin EPP parallel port
Shipping weight: 3.53 oz.
- Adds one PCI bus 25-pin Enhanced (EPP) Parallel Port to any PCI-equipped PC
- Up to 3x FASTER than standard ISA or legacy motherboard ports
- O/S automatically selects next available IRQ and LPT address
- Easy Plug and Play installation
- Backwards compatible with legacy parallel port peripherals
- Software configurable for standard ISA LPT (0278h and 0378h) addresses (only where permitted by the operating system: Windows 98 and earlier)
- Ideal interface for any parallel port devices: Zip or compatible drives, parallel scanners, laser printers, external CD drives, etc.
- LAVA Lifetime Warranty
- Parallel-PCI 3.3V (PCI 1 port EPP, 3.3v)
- Parallel-PCI/LP (PCI 1 port EPP LP)
- Dual Parallel-PCI (PCI 2 port EPP)
- Parallel-PCIe (PCIe 1 port EPP)
- Parallel-PCIe/LP (PCIe 1 port EPP LP)
- Parallel Bi-Directional (ISA 1 port bi-dir)
ALL ABOUT SERIAL