Octopus-550 (PCI 8 port RS-232 w. cable)
Eight Port Serial Card (PCI Bus 16550)
The LAVA Octopus-550 provides the easiest way to add eight 16550 UART serial ports to a PC system while using only one system IRQ!
This eight-port board is one of the most dependable multi-port serial cards around. It is an ideal communications solution in an ISP or remote access system environment. The Octopus-550 is also popular in Point-of-Sale systems, where it is a very cost-effective alternative to many other eight-port boards on the market.
1 PCI slot
8 nine-pin serial ports
Shipping weight: 24.71 oz 700 g
- Adds eight high-speed 16550 UART serial COM ports to any PCI-equipped PC
- Serial ports support up to 115.2 kbps throughput rate
- All eight ports require only one system IRQ
- O/S automatically selects next available IRQ and COM addresses
- Carries the standard pin-out for serial ports
- Easy Plug and Play installation
- Includes octopus cable with eight
- DB-9 connectors
- Includes Lava Com Port Redirect Utility for renaming COM Ports in Windows 95/98/Me.
- Allows for backward compatibility with software that supports COM 1-4 only
- LAVA Lifetime Warranty