STS: 1-PORT USB ADAPTER BOARD
Designed for commercial/OEM applications, this intelligent adapter makes it possible to not only simultaneously operate your Samsung Galaxy Tablet in USB host mode and to charge it at the same time, but also provide critical control of charging modes. These features are useful when installing tablets in kiosks or other commercial applications.
This adapter is designed for robust operation, with more advanced Accessory Charging Adapter (ACA) mode switching, and even more stable tablet charging characteristics than the LAVA TL-002 adapter.
This adapter is not provided with a case.
Sales Contact: Orest Haluszka or Bob Figol
Have a Question? Call: 1-800-241-5282 (US & Canada) or 1-416-674-5942
- Simultaneous USB host and charging for select Samsung tablets
- Designed for commercial/OEM use with Galaxy Tablets (see compatibility list of supported devices)
- Works with out-of-the-box (unrooted) tablets to ensure compliance with Samsung warranty requirements
- Provides the ability to switch between “SimulCharge” and “Charge Only” modes via a user provided push button switch
- Use of “Charge Only” mode is available for tablet boot-up and recovery
- Powered by a standard USB Charger/Power Supply through a Micro USB-B receptacle
- Can be powered by a USB Battery Pack (aka Power Bank)
- Prevents power drain from the tablet to USB peripherals in the event of power loss
- Allows for installing external Charge Mode switches and Charge Mode indicator LEDs
- 1 x USB 2.0 port
- Enhanced charging stability
- LAVA Limited Warranty
Use of a stronger power supply than a standard USB Charger via a DC Barrel Jack, for better charging and USB peripheral power budgeting
Samsung Galaxy Tab (see compatibility list of supported devices)
USB Charger/Power Supply with a Micro USB-B connector, such as the power supply provided with the Galaxy tablet. Any regulated 5 volt power supply capable of at least 2 amperes can be used.
The DC Barrel Jack can be used with a 5-volt regulated power supply. The jack is rated for 3.5 amperes. The jack has a 2 mm center positive pin. The DC Barrel Jack is an option, therefore is not populated on the standard product.
The power supply must never exceed 5.25 volts. Only one of the two power inputs are to be used.
POINT OF SALES
- Product Catalogues
- Price Checking
- Line Busting & Ticketing
- POS systems
- Menus, order taking
- Transportation & Logistics endpoints
- Digital Signage
- Conference RoomScheduling
- In-vehicle data capture
- Virtual Concierge
- Patient Check In
- Web/Video conferencing
- Trade Show Guides
- Customer Surveys
- Remote control
- Material tracking
1 x Micro USB B to Micro USB B cable (8″/20 cm)
Note: The custom 8″ cable connects the STS device to the tablet.
1 x Micro USB B port (for tablet connection)
1 x USB A port (for USB accessories)
1 x Micro USB B port (for power input)
1 x 2-pin header (to a Charge Mode switch)
1 x 2-pin header (Type jumper)
1 x 3-pin header (Charge Only indicator LED)
1 x 3-pin header (SimulCharge indicator LED)
1 x DC Barrel Power Jack, 2mm center positive pin
Note: The DC Power Jack is not a default option.
Depth: 1.73 inches (44 mm)
Width: 1.38 inches (35 mm)
Height: 0.59 inches (15 mm)