Tablet and phone firmware can vary between geographical markets for a given make and model of a device. The compatibilities presented below represent the results of LAVA’s testing of North American firmware unless indicated otherwise. LAVA recommends testing before large-scale deployments to ensure successful operation.
Tablet Adapter TL-002 Compatibility
Note: The current list reflects compatible USB-C mobile devices tested by LAVA.
|Model Number||Device Name||Screen Size||Android Version||Build Number||Note(s)|
|SM-T580||Galaxy Tab A 10.1”||10.1||6.0.1||MMB29K.T580UEU1APG1||1, 6|
|SM-T560NU||Galaxy Tab E 9.6”||9.6||5.1.1||LMY47X.T560NUUEU1AOK1 MMB29M.T560NUUES1BPL1 MMB29M.T560NUUEU1BQF1||1, 2|
|SM-T387V||Galaxy Tab A 8.0”||8.0||8.1.0||M1AJQ.T387VVRU1ARI4||9|
|SM-T377A||Galaxy Tab E 8.0”||8.0||6.0.1||MMB29K.T377AUCU2APJ2||1|
|SM-T377P||Galaxy Tab E 8.0”||8.0||7.1.1||NMF26X.T377PVPU2CQG2||8|
|SM-T377T||Galaxy Tab E 8.0”||8.0||7.1.1||NMF26X.T377TUVU1BQI5||1, 8|
|SM-T377V||Galaxy Tab E 8.0”||8.0||6.0.1||MMB29K.T377VVRU1BPD6||1, 5|
|SM-T377W||Galaxy Tab E 8.0”||8.0||6.0.1||MMB29K.T377WVLU0APC3 MMB29K.T377WVLU2API2||1, 4|
|SM-T810||Galaxy Tab S2 9.7”||9.7||5.1.1||LMY47X.T810XXU2BOJ1 MMB29K.T810XXU2CPK1||1|
|SM-P550||Galaxy Tab A 9.7”||9.7||6.0.1||MMB29M.P550XXU1BPF3 MMB29M.P550XXS1BPK1||1, 3|
|SM-T350||Galaxy Tab A 8.0”||8.0||6.0.1||MMB29M.T350XXU1BPE3||1|
|SM-T330||Galaxy Tab 4 8.0”||8.0||N/A||N/A||10|
|SM-T530||Galaxy Tab 4 10.1”||10.1||N/A||N/A||10|
|SM-T520||Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1”||10.1||N/A||N/A||10|
|SM-T9000||Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2”||12.2||N/A||N/A||10|
- The tablets issue a beep when the battery modulation changes from the discharging to charging state on most tablets. The newer tablets allow the “Charging sound” to be disabled within the Sound menu. Older tablets can lower the system volume if sound support is not required.
- The North American versions of the Tab E 9.6” tablet have been tested. Problems have been using reported with U.K. Android 4.x.x versions of the tablet.
- European and UK models may not work with any cable length, Model SM-T555 with Build: LRX22G.T555XXU1AOJ1 does not work.
- The SM-T377W was tested with build MMB29K.T377WVLU0APC3. The unit tested was a Canadian model, not tied to a carrier.
- The SM-T377V was tested with build MMB29K.T377VVRU1BPD6. The unit tested was a U.S.Version model.
- The Tab A 10.1″ tested in December of 2016 could require approximately 1.5 amperes during SimulCharge operation. After allowing for the power requirements of the LAVA hardware, about 0.15 to 0.2 amperes is available for user-provided USB accessories.
- The SM-T377P was tested with a special pre-release build of the firmware tested in August 2017. Earlier versions charged at a very slow rate.
- The Tab E 8.0” T-Mobile (SM-T377T) model has been tested with Android 7.1.1. The Android 7.1.1 (build NMF26X.T377TUVU1BQI5) is fully compatible. The tablet comes with Android 6.0.1 (build MMB29K.T377TUVS1APL1) out of the box. The Android 6.0.1 firmware is not compatible and must be updated to Android 7.1.1.
- The SM-T387V is only capable of drawing 500 mA from the power supply when operating in Simulcharge mode. If the screen is to remain on, the brightness must be reduced to allow the battery to charge. If the screen saver is used to keep the display off when the device is not in use, then a higher brightness level can be used. The device worked well with all LAVA products, the only weakness is the power draw issue, This issue is not going to be fixed due to tablet hardware limitations.
- Android Version and Build Numbers not available.