Tablet and phone firmware can vary between geographical markets for a given make and model of a device. The compatibilities presented below represent the results of LAVA’s testing of North American firmware unless indicated otherwise. LAVA recommends testing before large-scale deployments to ensure successful operation.
The Samsung Tablet requires the installation of the LAVA Tablet Manager (LTM) application, which is provided to the STS-RBM integrator. The installation process requires a brief WiFi connection for a one-time activation of the Samsung KNOX license. The KNOX license does not require an additional fee.
The nSTS, eSTS & STS-RBM Compatibility List:
|Model Number||Device Name||Screen Size||Android Version||Build Number||Note(s)|
|SM-T580||Galaxy Tab A 10.1”||10.1||6.0.1||MMB29K.T580UEU1APG1||1,6|
|SM-T560||Galaxy Tab E 9.6”||9.6||5.1.1||LMY47X.T560NUUEU1AOK1
|SM-T377W||Galaxy Tab E 8.0”||8.0||6.0.1||MMB29K.T377WVLU0APC3||1,4|
|SM-T377V||Galaxy Tab E 8.0”||8.0||6.0.1||MMB29K.T377VVRU1BPD6||1,5|
|SM-T810||Galaxy Tab S2 9.7”||9.7||5.1.1||LMY47X.T810XXU2BOJ1||1|
|SM-P550||Galaxy Tab A 9.7”||9.7||6.0.1||MMB29M.P550XXU1BPF3||1,3|
|SM-T350||Galaxy Tab A 8.0”||8.0||6.0.1||MMB29M.T350XXU1BPE3||1|
The tablet must include the Samsung Knox Standard SDK version 5.1 or newer. The SDK version is available in the tablet’s “About device” menu.
The devices in the test summary have been verified with the nSTS, eSTS Line of Products & STS-RBM and LTM Service as of September 2016. LAVA only has access to models from the Canadian market and some U.S. models for internal testing. A tablet integrator must perform a verification of the tablet model and build targeted for their application. LAVA will assist in the testing of other tablets provided a sample tablet is made available. The sample tablet must be delivered with the intended build already installed.
The tablet features used by the STS-RBM, nSTS, eSTS and STS-** Products are not universal across the Samsung Tablet line. Samsung tailors the tablet firmware to a world region or country. Tablet versions created by Samsung for mobile carriers do not behave the same as the standard products. You must verify the behavior of the specific model of tablet and firmware build to be used before committing to any deployment.
- The tablets issue a beep when the battery modulation changes from the discharging to charging state on most tablets. The newer tablets allow the “Charging sound” to be disabled within the Sound menu. Older tablets can lower the system volume if the sound is not required.
- Tested with a North American build for STS-RBM, nSTS, eSTS and STS-** devices. Problems have been using reported with U.K. Android 4.x.x builds with STS-** devices. The U.K. Android builds have not been tested with nSTS, eSTS & STS-RBM.
- Requires tablet connection cable be no longer than 19” (50 cm).
- The SM-T377W was tested with build MMB29K.T377WVLU0APC3. The unit tested was a Canadian model, not specific to a carrier.
- The SM-T377V was tested with build MMB29K.T377VVRU1BPD6. Earlier builds do not work with the nSTS, eSTS, STS-RBM or any STS-** device. The unit tested was a U.S.Verison model.
- The Tab A 10.1” tablet briefly disconnects attached USB accessories each time the battery modulation changes from charging to discharging. This side effect has the benefit of periodically refreshing the internal resources used by the device. Using a wider set of modulation thresholds will minimize the effect of this behavior on the user.