Tablet and phone firmware can vary between geographical markets for a given make and model of a device. The compatibilities presented below represent the results of LAVA’s testing of North American firmware unless indicated otherwise. LAVA recommends testing before large-scale deployments to ensure successful operation.
nSynC Compatibility Tested Devices List:
Note: The current list reflects compatible USB-C mobile devices tested by LAVA.
|Model Number||Device Name||Screen Size||Android Version||Build Number||Note(s)|
|SM-A205W||Galaxy A20 (2017)||6.4||9||A205WVLS4ATA2||-|
|SM-A505W||Galaxy A50 (2017)||6.4||9||A505WVLU3ASL3||-|
|SM-G715U1||Galaxy XCover Pro||6.3||10||QP1A.190711.020.G715U1UEU5ATJ2||-|
|SM-P610||Galaxy Tab S6 LITE||10.4||10||QP1A.190711.020.P610XXU2ATHF||-|
|SM-T220||Galaxy Tab A7 LITE||8.7||11||RP1A.200720.012.T220XXU1AUE3||6|
|SM-T307U||Galaxy Tab A 8.4||8.4||9||PPR1PPR1.180610.011.T307USQU1ATCB
|SM-T380||Galaxy Tab A (2017)||8.0||8.1.0 9||M1AJQ.T380DXU2BRK2
|SM-T390||Galaxy Tab Active2||8.0||7.1.1 8.1.0||NMF26X.T390XXU2ARB3
|2, 3, 4|
|SM-T395||Galaxy Tab Active2||8.0||7.1.1||NMF26X.T395XXU2ARB2||2, 3|
|SM-T510||Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019)||10.1||9||M1AJQ.T510XXU1ASEF||-|
|SM-T540||Galaxy Tab Active Pro||10.1||9||PPR1.180610.011.T540XXU2ATB1||-|
|SM-T577U||Galaxy Tab Active 3||8||10||QP1A.190711.020.T577UVLS2AUA1||-|
|SM-T590||Galaxy Tab A 10.5||10.5||8.1.0||M1AJQ.T590XXU2ARJ1||-|
|SM-T630||Galaxy Tab Active4 Pro||10.1||12||SP2A.220305.013.T630XXU1AVH9||-|
|SM-T720||Galaxy Tab S5e||10.5||9||PPR1.180610.011.T720XXU1ASG3||-|
|SM-T733||Galaxy Tab S7 FE||12.4||12||SP1A.210812.016.T733XXU1BVC4||-|
|SM-T820||Galaxy Tab S3||9.7||8.0.0||R16NW.T820XXU2BRJ1||1|
|SM-T830||Galaxy Tab S4||10.5||8.1.0||M1AJQ.T830XXU2ARK4||-|
|SM-T860||Galaxy Tab S6||10.5||9||PPR1.180610.011.T860XXU1ASL3||-|
|SM-T870||Galaxy Tab S7||11||10||RP1A.200720.012.T870XXU2BUD2||-|
|SM-T970||Galaxy Tab S7+||12.4||10||QP1A.190711.020.T970XXU1ATI2||-|
|SM-X200||Samsung Tab A8||10.5||11||RP1A.200720.012.X200XXU1AVC1||-|
|TB-300FU||Tab M8 (4th Gen)||8.0||12||TB300FU_S00012_230616_ROW||7|
|TB-X6C6NBF||Tab K10 (Batteryless)||10.3||12||TB-X6C6NBF_S100010_230220_ROW||7,8,9|
1. The earlier firmware releases for the Tab S3 had serious issues with the USB-C PD Specification. The RJ1 update has eliminated the earlier issues and became available in November 2018.
2. The previous firmware of the Tab Active2 is not compatible due to problems with the tablet’s USB-C PD handling.
3. Only the Austrian version of the SM-T395 has been tested. Only the U.S. version of the SM-T390 has been tested.
4. The Tab Active2 with build M1AJQ.T390XXU3BRJ7 was only tested on the SM-T390. The SM-T395 was no longer available for testing, as it had been returned to the customer.
5. The Lenovo K10 TB-X6C6F has an issue where it will ignore the proper Power Contract which is being offered by the Lava Hardware. So the Tablet is limited to drawing on 0.5A.
6. The SM-T220 has an issue where it adjusts the current it is capable of drawing, based on its current Battery percentage. The Tablet draws ~1.5A below 35%, 0.9A between 35% & 73%, and only 0.5A above 73%. Unfortunately, once the Tablet has settled into drawing a lower current, it will continue to draw the lower current, regardless of whether the Tablet’s Battery percentage drops to a lower range. Once the Tablet is in a lower current drawing state it will never be able to draw a higher current unless the Tablet is disconnected and reconnected with the Lava hardware. In addition, the SM-T220 can be forced into a lower current drawing state, regardless of the Tablet’s Battery Percentage, by decreasing the Voltage going to the Tablet, making it vulnerable to brownouts and voltage dips.”
7. Tablet will temporarily lose connection to the peripherals whenever the screen is off.
8. Tablet will lose connection to the hardware occasionally after a reboot, requiring a reboot/power cycle.
9. Tablet requires a 12V Power Supply so will only work with a the K10 specific nSynC product.
LAVA will assist in the testing of other tablets provided a sample tablet is made available. The sample tablet must be delivered with the intended build already installed.
The tablet features used by the LAVA products are not universal across the Samsung Tablet line. Samsung tailors the tablet firmware to a world region or country. Tablet versions created by Samsung for mobile carriers do not behave the same as the standard products. You must verify the behavior of the model of tablet and firmware build to be used before committing to any deployment.