Tablet and phone firmware can vary between geographical markets for a given make and model of a device. The compatibilities presented below represent the results of LAVA’s testing of North American firmware unless indicated otherwise. LAVA recommends testing before large-scale deployments to ensure successful operation.
The mobile device requires the installation of the LAVA Tablet Manager (LTM) application.
eSynC and uSynC Compatibility Tested Devices List:
Note: The current list reflects compatible USB-C mobile devices tested by LAVA.
|Model Number||Device Name||Screen Size||Android Version||Build Number||Note(s)|
|SM-G715U1||Galaxy XCover Pro||6.3||10||QP1A.190711.020.G715U1UEU5ATJ2||-|
|SM-P610||Galaxy Tab S6 LITE||10.4||10||QP1A.190711.020.P610XXU2ATHF||-|
|SM-T220||Galaxy Tab A7 LITE||8.7||11||RP1A.200720.012.T220XXU1AUE3||-|
|SM-T307U||Galaxy Tab A 8.4||8.4||9||PPR1PPR1.180610.011.T307USQU1ATCB PPR1.180610.011.T307UVLU1ATC4||-|
|SM-T380||Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2017)||8.0||8.1.0 9||M1AJQ.T380DXU2BRK2 PPR1.180610.011.T380DXU3CSL2||6|
|SM-T390||Galaxy Tab Active2||8.0||7.1.1 8.1.0||NMF26X.T390XXU2ARB3 M1AJQ.T390XXU3BRJ7||2, 3, 4|
|SM-T395||Galaxy Tab Active2||8.0||7.1.1||NMF26X.T395XXU2ARB2||2, 3|
|SM-T510||Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2019||10.1||9||PPR1.180610.011.T510XXU2ASI4||7, 11|
|SM-T540||Galaxy Tab Active Pro||10.1||9||PPR1.180610.011.T540XXU2ATB1||-|
|SM-T577U||Galaxy Tab Active 3||8||10||QP1A.190711.020.T577UVLS2AUA1||-|
|SM-T630||Galaxy Tab Active4 Pro||10.1||12||SP2A.220305.013.T630XXU1AVH9||-|
|SM-T720||Galaxy Tab S5e||10.5||9.0.0||T720XXS1ASL3||6|
|SM-T733||Galaxy Tab S7 FE||12.4||12||SP1A.210812.016.T733XXU1BVC4||-|
|SM-T820||Galaxy Tab S3||9.7||8.0.0||R16NW.T820XXU2BRJ1||1|
|SM-T830||Galaxy Tab S4||10.5||8.1.0||M1AJQ.T830XXU2ARK4||-|
|SM-T860||Galaxy Tab S6||10.5||9||PPR1.180610.011.T860XXU1ASL3||8,9|
|SM-T870||Galaxy Tab S7||11||10||RP1A.200720.012.T870XXU2BUD2||-|
|SM-T970||Galaxy Tab S7+||12.4||10||QP1A.190711.020.T970XXU1ATI2||-|
|SM-X200||Samsung Tab A8||10.5||12||RP1A.200720.012.X200XXU1AVC1||12|
1. The earlier firmware releases for the Tab S3 had serious issues with the USB-C PD Specification. The RJ1 update has eliminated the earlier issues and became available in November 2018. An occasional drop of USB devices has been observed during battery modulation, with an immediate recovery by the tablet. The frequency is low, typically once or twice a week.
2. The Tab Active2 NMF26X.T390XXU2ARB3 build has fixed the tablet's USB-C PD handling issues.
3. Only the Austrian version of the SM-T395 has been tested. Only the U.S. version of the SM-T390 has been tested.
4. The Tab Active2 with build M1AJQ.T390XXU3BRJ7 was only tested on the SM-T390. The SM-T395 was no longer available for testing, as it had been returned to the customer.
5. The Galaxy S8 firmware R16NW.G950WVLU5BRI6 has fixed the KNOX feature used by LTM. The earlier R16NW.G950WVLU5BRG4 is missing the KNOX feature and therefore not compatible with an eSynC product, however the build is compatible with an nSynC.
6. The tablet briefly disconnects attached USB accessories each time the battery modulation changes from discharging to charging. This side effect has the benefit of periodically refreshing the internal resources used by the device. Using a wider set of modulation thresholds will minimize the impact of this behavior on the user.
7. The earlier builds of this tablet are not compatible with eSynC products, however, the builds are compatible with nSynC adapters.
8. The Galaxy Tab S6 (SM-T860) tablet briefly disconnects attached USB accessories each time the battery modulation changes from discharging to charging. This side effect has the benefit of periodically refreshing the internal resources used by the device. Using a wider set of modulation thresholds will minimize the impact of this behavior on the user.
9. The tablet is compatible with a new Mk2 firmware version of LAVASync+ devices. The previous Mk1 LAVASync+ adapters firmware is not compatible and cannot be updated to Mk2 version. While using this tablet for deployment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure that you're using eSynC Mk2 type adapter.
10. During restart, the phone drops connected USB peripherals. To recover the lost peripherals, the adapter has to be re-attached. This issue is not present on the newest firmware version Mk2 of eSync devices.
11. For setups running 24/7, this tablet requires a full recalibration (i.e. allowed to temporarily reach 100%) in order to ensure that the battery percentage being detected by the Tablet is correct. This can be done within LTM by enabling “Permit Full Charge” in the Enhanced Features Selection of LTM.
12. To use this mobile device with an eSynC adapter, it must be running Android 12 or later.
13. The Lenovo K10 TB-X6C6F has an issue where it will ignore the proper Power Contract which is being offered by the Lava Hardware. So the Tablet is limited to drawing on 0.5A.
LAVA only has limited access to models for internal testing. A tablet integrator must perform a verification of the tablet model and build targeted for their application. LAVA will assist in the testing of other tablets provided a sample tablet is made available. The sample tablet must be delivered with the intended build already installed.
The tablet features used by the LAVA products are not universal across the Samsung Tablet line. Samsung tailors the tablet firmware to a world region or country. Tablet versions created by Samsung for mobile carriers do not behave the same as the standard products. You must verify the behavior of the model of tablet and firmware build to be used before committing to any deployment.